notification(title, subtitle, message, data=None, sound=True)¶
Send a notification to Notification Center (OS X 10.8+). If running on a version of macOS that does not support notifications, a
RuntimeErrorwill be raised. Apple says,“The userInfo content must be of reasonable serialized size (less than 1k) or an exception will be thrown.”
So don’t do that!
- title – text in a larger font.
- subtitle – text in a smaller font below the title.
- message – text representing the body of the notification below the subtitle.
- data – will be passed to the application’s “notification center” (see
rumps.notifications()) when this notification is clicked.
- sound – whether the notification should make a noise when it arrives.